DCOP Opare Addo Had No Business Being In Office

The National Security Coordinator, Major General Francis Adu Amanfo (rtd.), has told Accra-based JoyNews that the Ashanti regional National Security Coordinator who was reportedly forced out of office by some National Security operatives from Accra had no business being in that office.

In an interview monitored by WhatsUp News, he reveals that DCOP Opare Addo was hanging on an expired contract hence the detailing of the squad that went to force him out of office.

“He had no locus to be in the office because a new officer had been appointed and he should have handed over to the officer and he says he won’t hand over. So that is why a team was sent from Accra to go and mitigate and facilitate the handing and taking over the process,” he said

He added, “Do you know what? Bottom line of all of this is that Opare Addo had a contract with National Security and I had not even assumed office and for four years he was the Regional liaison for the National Security.

“His contract expired, and it was not renewed. I understand that it wasn’t renewed because of non-performance and his own criminal activities,” he said.

According to Maj. Gen (Rtd) Adu Amanfo, DCOP Opare’s contract had not been renewed due to “non-performance and criminal activities”.

Ashanti Regional National Security boss was recently attacked, handcuffed and abducted by operatives of National Security who are known members of the “Delta Force” the vigilante group owned by the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP). 

“They came to the office about 5 pm and said that they’ve been directed to bring me to the National Security Coordinator, I said I won’t go so they handcuffed me, pushed me here and there, pointed AK 47 at me,” DCOP Opare Addo had narrated.

Maj. Gen (Rtd) Adu Amanfo has said that National Security is instituting a probe into the allegations but dismisses the allegation by DCOP IOpare Addo as untrue.

“He rather called for Police reinforcement and the team that went to mitigate the event in Kumasi were handcuffed. It was the team from Accra which was handcuffed and not Opare Addo. Opare Addo wasn’t handcuffed. He rather called the Regional Police Commander to come and they came and arrested the team we have sent from Accra,” the Acting National Security Coordinator claimed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here